Amy McClung, MD
Amy McClung, MD is board certified by the American Board of Dermatology. She was born and raised in Houston, Texas. She graduated magna cum laude from Rice University with degrees in Kinesiology and Spanish. As an undergraduate, she was elected into the Phi Beta Kappa honor society. While attending medical school at The University of Texas Medical Branch, she was elected to Alpha Omega Alpha, the honor society for top medical graduates. After completing a transitional year at Christus St. Joseph Hospital, she went on to complete her dermatology residency training at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas.
Fun Facts about Amy McClung, MD
- As a child, her favorite celebrity was Bon Jovi.
- Her “first-born child” is a golden-doodle named Jas.
- Her favorite food is healthy, spicy vegetarian (Mexican and Indian).
- She loves beach vacations and the sound of the ocean.
- She has lived in Scotland, Singapore and Malaysia and attended 3 different high schools.
- She loves to travel.
- Her favorite way to spend her leisure time is to spend time with her kids and husband, run, and she loves to watch movies.
- She has completed 9 marathons and is currently training in a Rogue running group.
- Why dermatology? She loves dermatology. She loves being able to see and treat patients in a variety of age groups, with a variety of conditions. She enjoys the continuity of care and getting to know her patients and their families. She likes being a part of skin cancer prevention, diagnosis, and treatment, and helping patients feel more comfortable in their own skin.
During medical school Dr. McClung completed independent research on “Skin Protection in Runners” and the “Behavioral Motivation of Tanners.” Dr. McClung has a special interest in the diagnosis and treatment of skin cancer, skin care for runners and other outdoor athletes, and cosmetic dermatology.
An avid runner, Dr. McClung has completed nine marathons and volunteers for Marathon Kids. She and her husband, Christopher, have recently welcomed their third child, a daughter.