Colby Evans, MD
Colby Evans, MD aims to make a difference in the lives of his patients by providing the highest quality care in a comfortable environment. He is Board Certified by the American Board of Dermatology.
A native Texan, Dr. Evans completed his medical degree and residency in dermatology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas. Dr. Evans furthered his study with a Clinical Fellowship at the St. John’s Institute of Dermatology, an internationally acclaimed institution in London, England. He holds an undergraduate degree from Wesleyan University, where he graduated Phi Beta Kappa with high honors in Chemistry.
Dr. Evans has been published in multiple peer-reviewed journals, including the New England Journal of Medicine and the Journal of The American Academy of Dermatology. He lectures at national medical conferences and has a particular interest in the treatment of skin cancer and psoriasis. He also co-authored and published Skin Diseases in the Elderly, a medical textbook on geriatric dermatology which has since been translated into multiple international languages.
Dr. Evans is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology. He is also a member of the National Psoriasis Foundation, American Medical Association, the Texas Medical Association, and the Travis County Medical Society.
Fun Facts about Colby Evans, MD
- His favorite spots in Austin are Kerby Lane Cafe and the Veloway. He and his son love training for destination bike rides and completed the Conquer the Coast 10K.
- He couldn’t go without chips and salsa, Chuy’s tex mex, and Diet Dr. Pepper.
- In his spare time, you can find him volunteering for the National Psoriasis Foundation and riding his bike. He also really loves to spend time with his children, particularly on science-related activities such as playing with dry ice, or doing a liquid nitrogen demonstration at school.
- He loves any movie by Joss Whedon, going to Colorado with his family to enjoy the snowy streams in the winter, and scuba diving.
- Why dermatology? He enjoys spending time with his patients and learning about their lives and daily lifestyles. He gets enormous satisfaction from helping people achieve healthy skin and conquer chronic or difficult medical problems. With his entrepreneurial spirit, he also wanted to be in a specialty where he could start a practice from the ground up and build it to serve others.
Dr. Evans is currently the Psoriasis Expert for About.com Health and is frequently referenced as an authority on skin disease in local and national publications. See a listing of the articles in which Dr. Evans has been featured.