Courtney Scamardo PA-C
Courtney Scamardo, PA-C grew up in Navasota, Texas where she was introduced to medicine by her father, a small-town internal medicine doctor. After graduating on the Dean’s List from McComb’s Business School at the University of Texas at Austin with a BA in Marketing, she decided the medical world was her true calling. She elected to pursue a career as a Physician Assistant and earned her Master of Physician Assistant Studies degree from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas in 2014. Prior to joining Evans Dermatology, Courtney honed her skills working in Internal Medicine.
Fun Facts about Courtney Scamardo PA-C
- Courtney is an avid sports fan and you will often find her at UT and other sporting events with her friends and family or watching games at home with her husband and two dogs.
- She loves to cook gourmet meals and owns over 100 cookbooks, which she only reads once and doesn’t actually use for recipes, just for inspiration.
- She is an animal lover and has two beagle mixes , Biff (5 years old) and CV (20 years old) and a ball python, Rastis (21 years old)
- Her and her husband love to travel and experience different cultures and food, recently getting married in Costa Rica.
- Every year she celebrates her birthday in New Orleans, her second favorite city behind Austin.
- Her favorite seasons are fall and spring, during which you can find her hiking and backpacking around the country. She especially enjoys spending time in the Pacific Northwest and Colorado.
- Why Dermatology? She enjoys the satisfaction that comes from building trust and relationships with her patients through treating a variety of ailments. The partnership between patient and provider in dermatology sets it apart from many other fields and she enjoys being able to have such a positive effect on people’s lives by treating their skin conditions.