Venessa Peña-Robichaux, MD
Venessa Peña-Robichaux, MD is a dermatologist specializing in the treatment of pediatric and adult skin conditions. A Texas native and fluent in Spanish, Dr. Peña-Robichaux received her medical degree from Harvard Medical School and is a graduate of Rice University with a degree in Biology, cum laude. Dr. Peña-Robichaux trained in pediatric medicine during her preliminary year at St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She then completed her dermatology residency at Henry Ford Health System in Detroit, Michigan, and is Board Certified by the American Board of Dermatology.
Fun Facts about Venessa Peña-Robichaux, MD
- Her favorite place to be in Austin is anywhere with water. She loves to swim, kayak, paddle-board, go boating – really any sport that involves being in the water.
- She loves animals and going to the zoo, and even visits zoos when she and her husband travel to other cities.
- She would rather watch reruns of old shows like Friends and Seinfeld than current TV shows.
- She is teaching herself to play the ukulele.
- Those that know her don’t see her as a ranch girl, but she did indeed grow up on a ranch with cattle, goats and pigs. She even had a pet deer, which she taught to walk on a leash.
- Why dermatology? It was the field of medicine she felt really drawn towards because she loves being able to figure out what is going on inside the body by examining the outside of the body — like solving a puzzle. Skin disease can cause emotional and psychological distress to those affected and she knew that dermatology would be a field where she could positively impact people’s quality of life by effectively treating their skin.
- No surprise, but if she wasn’t a dermatologist, she’d probably be a veterinarian.
After braving many harsh winters up north, Dr. Peña-Robichaux is excited to move back to sunny Texas near her family with her husband, Paul. Outside the clinic, you might find her and her husband checking out Austin’s food truck scene or training their miniature dachshund, Oscar, for the next wiener dog races in Buda. Dr. Peña-Robichaux is delighted to be joining the Evans Dermatology family, so please help us welcome her.